Avoid hefty fines
- Never, ever, ride the metro or train without a validated ticket, unless you can afford the steep fine (700 kr). Don’t count on talking your way out of it.
- Mind the return date for library materials. Overdue fines are expensive.
- If you do not use the correct postage amount, you might receive a fine.
- Do not drive without a proper driver’s license. Usually this means a Danish drivers license. Check with the authorities to see if your license from home is valid here. It probably is not. Never drive under the influence of alcohol.
- Steep fines for talking on your hand-held mobile while driving. Supposedly this applies to using a hand-held mobile while biking, as well.
- Your bike must have a white light in front and a red light in back. Obey all bicycle laws.
The hints collected here and many more are covered in the "Worktrotter's Guide to Denmark".
Benefit of the collective knowledge. You don't need to re-invent the wheel and go through our mistakes as well.
Share with your friends
Denmark seen with international eyes
The Worktrotter books
For those working with Danes and those trying to find work in Denmark.
This book is also aimed at those Danes who want to become conciously aware of the Danish workplace culture.
Find out how to decode Danish work culture, avoid pitfalls and know how you can bring your messages across when working with Danes.
For current and future newcomers to Denmark.
A practical step-by-step guide about living and working in Denmark. Save time, nerves and money. Be smart and do things right - right from the start.
No shipping fees worldwide!